Investors in a U.S. business enterprise can obtain an E nonimmigrant visa and/or an EB-5 investor green card visa. The two are very different processes, have very different threshold requirements, and involve significantly different investment of funds. We strategize with prospective clients to determine which visa type is the best option, based on financial wherewithal, short and long term interests, and the particular needs of the investor’s family members.
An E nonimmigrant investor must be a national of one of the 100 or so countries that have a bilateral Friendship, Commerce, and Trade Treaty with the U.S. Specific qualifications are required of the foreign national (such as must be coming to the U.S. to direct their business, engage in substantial trade, or be a special skills employee). However, an investment as little as $100,000 can qualify. The EB-5 investor green card requires an investment of $1 million (or $500,000 under certain programs) and the business must create ten U.S. jobs. Certain USCIS Regional Centers accept investments of $500,000, satisfying the job creation requirement while relieving the investor of the obligation of opening a business. The individual investor need not be a treaty national nor possess special qualifications. Both categories require very specific financial and other business related documentation.

Call us for FREE consultation


Awesome Lawyer

5.0 stars
Posted by Cheryl
February 17, 2016
Highly recommend him to anyone. Prior to Mr Ewusi two lawyers told me my case was impossible to fight. I would never get any status change nor positive results. However, He did the opposite, he fought for me. And I got the results I needed. His a great lawyer and advocate. He knows how to do his job.

Great Lawyer

5.0 stars
Posted by Dave
November 24, 2014
Attorney Ewusi is very kind hearted. He treated me as if I was more than a client. He always took the extra time to explain things to me. The end result was also great! Thank you!

other practice areas

call us to get started

It does not matter what state you live in, we are able to meet and speak to you through skype and we can represent you.

If you have a situation that requires assistance from an Immigration Attorney, we urge you to call our office or send us an email and we will contact you without delay.

  • Washington, DC

    1717 K Street NW
    Suite 900
    Washington , DC 20036

  • Wilmington, DE

    1000 N West Street
    Suite 1200
    Wilmington DE 19801